× Welcome to the Boatbuilders' Forum!

Tell us and the other builders who you are. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New member from the Florida Panhandle

More
4 years 6 months ago #11954 by robandles
Replied by robandles on topic New member from the Florida Panhandle
Marc, the coolest thing about building a boat (besides the obvious "I did that!") is the fact that NO ONE will have a boat like mine. And, you're exactly right--the really good things take some effort and a lot of time. My dad taught me that and it's stuck with me. And, yes, I've already been thinking about that second boat! LOL I really believe that all it's going to take for me is building that first boat and I'll be hooked!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #11953 by robandles
Thanks, Reeve. I've always loved working with my hands. There's just something special about putting the work in and seeing a project through to completion. A sense of pride and accomplishment. I can only imagine what it's like to be on the water in something you put several hours, some blood, and a ton of sweat into!

More
4 years 7 months ago #11950 by MarcS
Replied by MarcS on topic New member from the Florida Panhandle

robandles wrote: "Yeeeaaah, okay. That sounds....interesting." HAHA

The cool thing about a build is how fast it looks like a boat. Then the folks who, initially think you're nuts, start saying "Hmmm, maybe he can do this!". That's not to say it isn't real work as Reeve stated but, I guarantee that you will have a huge feeling of satisfaction. And, you will also want to build another. Sounds crazy now but you wait and see...

It is not as hard as you might think. If you want it to have a "Yacht" fit and finish you just have to be meticulous.

"dedicated to your success"

More
4 years 7 months ago #11949 by Gumsandroses
Replied by Gumsandroses on topic New member from the Florida Panhandle
Hello
I saw that you're considering a build. What I can tell you is that the only real requirement is commitment. There are a lot of hours used up building one of these, regardless of the size but you can do it. As far as tech support, I'm still amazed at Marc's know-how, expertise and above all, patience. He seems to never sleep and was always available. I built a foam-core Redfish 17 which is going to Enviboats next week for painting and rigging. If you'd like to talk to me about the whole journey, ask Marc for my number. Good luck

Reeve

More
4 years 7 months ago #11948 by chris.v.grieken
Replied by chris.v.grieken on topic New member from the Florida Panhandle
Yes, it's the 40 Envi Curacao.
Here is my Facebook page of the build. www.facebook.com/Envi40/
Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: robandles

More
4 years 7 months ago #11947 by robandles
Chris, thanks for the reply. I would love to have a boat that size! Do you have the build posted here?

More
4 years 7 months ago #11946 by robandles
Thanks, Marc. I'll be calling you soon for a follow-up conversation. I "think" I'm settled on a boat, but want to get a little more information. We're planning on buying a house around the first of the year, and then I'm planning on pulling the trigger on the build! In the meantime, I'm looking through the builds on here as well as reading whatever I can online about cold mold construction. I've told a few people my plans of building my own boat, and they all give me the same look like, "Yeeeaaah, okay. That sounds....interesting." HAHA

More
4 years 7 months ago #11945 by chris.v.grieken
Replied by chris.v.grieken on topic New member from the Florida Panhandle
Robby,

I am building the 40' curacao. I have been amazed at the support I get from Marc. It's amazing how much I have learned from him over the past two years.

chris

More
4 years 7 months ago #11943 by MarcS
Replied by MarcS on topic New member from the Florida Panhandle
Welcome Robby,

I do hope you make your dream of a custom boat come true with our products and services.

Let me know how I can help.

Regards,

Marc

"dedicated to your success"

More
4 years 7 months ago #11942 by robandles
New member from the Florida Panhandle was created by robandles
Seriously considering building my own boat, so I joined the forum to get ideas and encouragement in preparation. Love what you guys are doing. For my first boat, I'm looking at the 19 Flats boat to fish intracoastal and bay waters. But, my dream is to build a 27+ express style sportsfishing machine! If you've built the 19 Bonefish or the 21 Bayou, would like to know your thoughts. I've had an initial conversation with Marc, and I really like what I see as far as the plans and support Envi Boats provides.

Thanks!
Robby Bennett

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds