× Welcome to the Boatbuilders' Forum!

Tell us and the other builders who you are. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New Guy in PNW!

More
9 years 7 months ago #9180 by marolina
Replied by marolina on topic New Guy in PNW!
welcome aboard !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #9179 by NC Flare
Replied by NC Flare on topic New Guy in PNW!
Greetings Bowmovement! Where in the PNW are you? Originally from NC too and I've been lurking here for a few years trying to learn as much as possible before tackling one myself. I just shot over a PM with my email and other info as I'm hoping your close by and I can provide and extra set of hands, even in with the fairing process. :)

More
9 years 7 months ago #9178 by RobWhite
Replied by RobWhite on topic New Guy in PNW!
Welcome!

More
9 years 7 months ago #9175 by MarcS
Replied by MarcS on topic New Guy in PNW!
Welcome! We have a great bunch of guys here. Call on us anytime. We'll be ready when you are!

"dedicated to your success"

More
9 years 7 months ago #9174 by Bowmovement
New Guy in PNW! was created by Bowmovement
I figured I would check in and introduce myself. Matt is the name and electronics is my game. We just moved to area from San Diego Ca. I am originally form eastern N.C. New Bern to be exact. I have been wanting to build my own boat for a long time and just haven't been in the position to do so. Since we just moved to the area we are renting but in the market for buying. I am hoping to be in a house by the end of the year, if not sooner.

I stumbled upon this website through another site searching for stitch and glue Carolina hulls. All of my boatbuilding research has been done on the stitch and glue method. The one website that most of my research has been done offers a couple plans that they state has some Carolina flare but its not a lot and the boats are a little larger than I want to tackle right now. When I found this website I instantly knew I wanted to build one of these. Being in the Pacific Northwest almost everything is aluminum, of the fiberglass boats on the market here its a lot of Bayliner and Trophy's. These boats have a place in the market, but that place is not my driveway.

Had a nice talk with Marc on the phone about the different models that are offered and finally decided on the 17 Inshore. It will be a while before I get started on this but that gives me plenty of time to study up on the build process for cold molded vs. stitch and glue.

Matt

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds