× Welcome to the Boatbuilders' Forum!

Tell us and the other builders who you are. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

hello from hope town abaco!

More
10 years 5 months ago #7279 by MarcS
Replied by MarcS on topic hello from hope town abaco!
Scott,

Welcome. We'll be happy to hook you up when the time comes. I used to spend a bunch of time in the Abacos but that was waaaay back in the 70's. I still dream about Hopetown.

Bessie from Bessie's Bakery has to be long gone. (RIP) but I still can taste her conch fritters, Key Lime Pie and coconut pie. I still make it her way with a ritz cracker crust. She was THE BEST!.

Bessie used to send her dog to Vernon's Store with money in a little pouch and the dog would bring back her order. What a place. I hope it is still pretty much the same!!!

Dang.

Call us when you get the urge.

Thanks for bringing back the old memories.

Marc

"dedicated to your success"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #7278 by scottalderson
hello from hope town abaco! was created by scottalderson
im quite sure i have just found what my dream boat will be. what a cool concept however i do believe i will have to ask your team to put mine together for me when the time (money) comes. WOW is all i can say and the carolina heritage is so meaningful to me. i live in the nc mountains (highlands/cashiers) in the summer and hope town in winter and of course the abacus and the bahamas were settled by many loyalists from both carolinas. it all ties together for me and i am glad to be a forum member. cheers yall and catchemup!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds